HUNTER MUSKETT is an acoustic/electric 4-piece playing distinctive original songs in a folky, bluesy sometimes Americana vein.
Originally formed in 1969 they played at home and abroad until 1974 producing two, now collectable, albums: Every Time You Move with bassist Danny Thompson and the Keith Relf produced Hunter Muskett
Since reforming in 2010 the band now tours again when schedules permit. A come-back album of new material, That Was Then This Is Now drew excellent reviews as has their latest CD Unafraid and Sober.
Every Time You Move (re-release Cherry Red Records, 2009):
- ‘..an underground gem.’ Jan Zarebs, Record Collector Magazine
- ‘ masterly skirts the boundaries of baroque pop and folk-rock’ Rolling Stone
That Was Then This Is Now (Limefield 2013)
- ‘…unpretentious, classy…much better than it has any right to be’ Colin Harper (biographer of Bert Jansch), The Afterword
- ‘…one band that doesn’t have to stand on past glories’ Record Collector Magazine
- ‘…sunny and grin-inducing..’ fRoots
Unafraid and Sober (SPC 2017)
- …. fine guitar solos, mature arrangements…an enchanting album’ Allan Wilkinson, Northern Sky
- …great songwriting, lush harmonies, superb musicianship. …remarkable that a band can get back together after forty years and produce an album so fresh and relevant to today.’ Peter Cowley, FATEA Magazine
- …good stuff…nice to have them back’ Mike Harding podcast #225